Sider

tirsdag den 18. juli 2017

Truxton - repair log




I picked up a Truxton PCB a while back on Arcadeotaku. The Board were advertised as working, which it was but had serveral repairs done to it. Mainly trace rapairs with wires. They are alle done neatly, so no need to re-visit them.

However the game did have wavey line during the first minutes of gameplay, which I at first did not notice. As time went on they did get worse until you could not help but notice the fault.

I thought to myself that the fault might be associated with out of spec capacitors and proceded to exchange them. Also, - this repair log on Jammarcade (http://www.jammarcade.net/truxton-repair-log-3/), where the same fault where fixed by replacing out of spec capacitors, seemed to confirm my susspision.

So off they came...



And new Panasonic Caps where installed in their place. "16V 470uf"





The other capacitors will have to wait as I do not have those in stock.

Just for fun I used my cheap chinese tester on the caps and at leat one is completely out of spec. They should both have been 470uf caps. But not bad for around 30 years I guess.... :-)







Now all fixed and working! 





Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar